Do you want to feel more confident, competent, & effective in your therapeutic work with people? Do you want the satisfaction of seeing clients actually improve and experience permanent change, rather than simply providing temporary symptom relief?
Childhood trauma is the single greatest mental health crisis in America. The evidence is clear that adverse childhood experience is the main cause of violence, criminality, drug addiction, alcoholism, promiscuity, depression, anxiety, relational conflicts and other mental health concerns today.
Even so, few graduate programs provide specific training on working with trauma and its impact. The result is that often the indicators of traumatic experiences and their impact go overlooked, and subsequently treatment fails to address the real roots of the client’s presenting issues, providing no real lasting change.
In this SITT Training for Practitioners, you will learn about:
- The features of PTSD and how clients express them in daily life and in the therapeutic process.
- The common sequelae of complex trauma and key treatment issues critical to the recovery process with suggested interventions.
- The impact of trauma on memory function and how to support clients in the telling of their stories and processing of their memories.
- How to help clients with feeling identification, affect regulation, and the grieving process.
- The motivations, thinking errors, and grooming process of sexual offenders.
- The impact of childhood trauma on spiritual formation and development with suggested interventions.
The SITT Therapeutic Process
- A comprehensive framework for viewing and understanding the trauma recovery process.
- A step-by-step roadmap through a proven nine-stage evidence-based recovery model.
- How to assess client’s presenting needs, case conceptualization, and effective treatment planning.
- How to identify and evaluate progress markers in your client’s recovery.
- The therapeutic use of stories, metaphors, modalities, objects and resources that improve treatment effectiveness.
- How to maximize the limited time you spend with clients and promote learning well beyond the therapeutic hour.
- How to identify therapist issues which impact treatment including transference, countertransference, therapist history, process dilemmas, and treatment cautions.
- How to reduce client emergencies, establish and maintain healthy therapeutic boundaries, model healthy living and practice good self-care.
Story-Informed Trauma Therapy enables us to help clients with the real source of
their distress. Byron Kehler, M.S. developed Story Informed Trauma Therapy (SITT) over years of working with survivors of trauma, and seeing other modalities offer only limited and sporadic help in the way of recovery or life change. SITT is a comprehensive framework for viewing and understanding the trauma recovery process, offering a step-by-step roadmap through a proven evidence-based 9-stage recovery model. A unique aspect of this material is recognition of the impact of childhood trauma on spiritual development and maturity.
Many professionals have been to trainings strong on theory and assessment, but weak on practical treatment interventions. This intensive six day training is designed to help equip professionals with practical skills to guide survivors of childhood trauma through the challenging journey of recovery. In this training you will learn how to guide survivors from the moment they arrive in your waiting room to closure of the last session.This training is appropriate for professional counselors, graduate students, and other helping professionals desiring to work more specifically with this population.
2022 Online Winter Training
Introduction to Story Informed Trauma Therapy through 48 hours of online training offered online. Training includes live teaching, chat Q&A, verbal Q&A, Slide & Note pages and access to archive of the live training videos after the training for reference.
January 6, 7, 8 (Thurs, Fri, Sat) & January 20, 21, 22 (Thurs, Fri, Sat)
7AM – 3PM PST / 10AM – 6PM EST
NOTE: This particular event is an online training. It is not pre-recorded. Byron does all teaching live. You will attend via a webinar link.
Discounts for Interns & Provisional Licenses Available.